July 16, 2018: A Day That Will Live In Infamy
We have been attacked by our own president.
The United States is no longer in control of our own foreign policy; Vladimir Putin and the Russian Confederacy are dictating our agenda.
This is unprecedented. All Americans should be highly alarmed.
At this point, if you vote for anyone who supports the Trump agenda, you are voting against the sovereignty (independence) of the United States.
There is no going back. Our president has humiliated and broken ties with our democratic allies, while he embraces the world’s dictators.
Where do you draw the line?
- As the sister of a brother who suffered from Muscular Dystrophy, the line for me was crossed when Trump mocked the disabled reporter in November 2015. What type of person does this? In a society that decries bullying, our president is the biggest bully in the world.
Trump has gone on to cross many more lines in my concept of morality:
- Trump’s claim that John McCain is not a war hero because he was captured is an insult to everyone who has ever served in the military.
- Trump’s criticism of the Gold Star parents who spoke at the Democratic National Convention again insults all military families.
- Trump’s “grab them by the pussy” comment on the Access Hollywood tape insults all women.
- Trump’s constant harassment of the press is dangerous to our democratic society.
- Trump’s habitual denigration of all Democrats maligns half of our nation’s citizens.
- Trump’s Muslim ban, targeting of Black athletes who choose to take a knee during the National Anthem, and immigration hysteria are based in blatant racism.
- Trump’s labeling White Supremacists as “very fine people” is reprehensible.
- Trump’s harassment of the LGBTQ community is cruel.
- Trump’s eagerness to sell out our natural resources so oil, natural gas, and mining corporations can profit is despicable.
- Trump’s blatant actions to financially enrich himself and his family is a violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution.
- Trump’s unabashed enthusiasm and admiration for dictators worldwide is frightening.
- Trump’s continuous lies on all topics big and small has destroyed the integrity of the office of the presidency.
And now – casting aside our NATO allies and siding with Putin over our National Intelligence Agencies is TREASON!
Our nation will never be the same.
I understand that many Americans were frustrated with the political process and wanted to shake things up. Trump’s policies have gone beyond that. They are destroying our nation from within.
Many people must be questioning their support for President Trump. Even if you supported some of his policies, other actions and comments must have shaken your confidence in this man. If Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or anyone else committed these acts, how would you react?
At what point does this make you uncomfortable?
Has your line been crossed by any of this?
As a historian, let me assure you that history will not be kind to this man or his enablers.
We are witnessing in real time the decline and fall of the United States.
One thought on “The Decline and Fall of the United States”
Reblogged this on just drive, will you? and commented:
Thank you, trump supporters, for all of this.
LikeLiked by 2 people